Yes, I said it. I am the female Blade. If you want to know why, you’ll have to check out this interview over at HorrorAddicts.net. It’s worth the read, I will say that! LOL!
So, what have you been up to since the last time I sent out blog post? Nothing? Everything? Both at the same time? Yeah, I get it – same here. This week went by incredibly fast. I can hardy pick out the stuff I did… well, I mean there are a few things:
- I got about halfway through Invisible Chains by Michelle Renee Lane, which is saying something because finding time to read is difficult for me these days. Invisible Chains is a vampire tale set in the antebellum south and it is imaginative and beautiful, engaging and definitely a great way to spend your time. I can’t wait to crack it open again this weekend.
- I wrote about 10,000 words in part 2 of a novel that you haven’t even seen part 1 of yet! 🙂 I can’t wait for you to see this new series. And… guess what (!?!??!?!)… it’s a romance! Well, ok, a romance/sci-fi/psychological horror magical soup and I am kinda (READ: TOTALLY) pumped about it. But you’ll have to wait for that, at least for a little while… (mischievous grin)
- I’m pushing around the bits and pieces for a textbook that will accompany a horror course that I have created. 2021 might see that come to life – stay tuned, horror writing fans.
- I am about to OFFICIALLY bounce up and down in my seat about the AMAZINGLY AWESOME Lynne Hansen doing not one, not two, but FOUR covers for me! She will be reimaging my vampire novel, The Promise Keeper, and my short story collections, Caliginy, Phantasma, and Anathema. All this amazingness is scheduled to come out in February 2021, so, more on that later.
- I read a different portion of The Realm out loud earlier this week and felt absolutely giddy about it!!! How far along are you in the story? Comment here and let me know! Did you finish it and love it? Did it keep you up at night? Are you afraid to walk into a dark room alone? Yeah!!!! *clears throat* I mean, excellent. 🙂 Please post a review on Amazon and Goodreads. Do you need a copy? (Because yeah, you really do neeeeeed Patrick and his horror/sci-fi goodness in your life) – pick one up at Amazon!
- I am trying to put together a 3D projector puzzle because, you know, I write screenplays, and I wanted to put this on my mantel but it is winning right now… all these little pieces, I…
- I watched His House (a horror movie centered around the plight of a Sudanese couple) and yes, it is really, really good – substantive in ways you don’t expect… and very creepy.
- Started on the One Missed Call series, because Japanese horror movies are my jam.
Hmmm, that’s actually a decent list. What did you do this week? Give me some suggestions for next week!
Until next time…
L. Marie Wood