I hope this blog finds you well and enjoying the day before the first day of spring! I am definitely ready to remove some of these layers and walk outside without freezing, so I, for one, am very excited!
Lots of things going on, even in this socially-distanced existence, and that’s a good thing. Books to read, movies to watch, stories to write. For example, I watched a movie that I really want to recommend to you zombie lovers out there. It is called Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula and it is amazing! Train to Busan (the first one) is one of the best zombie movies I have ever seen, so I was hoping for something jaw-dropping and I got it. It is different than the first one – and I don’t want to tell you how and spill any beans but here is the trailer… you’ll see. It is a must see for zombie movie enthusiasts, especially if you like running zombies, character development, and… well, just check it out.
I am reading a new book! Blood on the Altar by Jeanne Adams is a fast-paced gem that I am thoroughly enjoying thus far. Revenge, sweet revenge – and of course, the mention of blood… I’m totally in. I am listening to Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, this after finishing up The Complex by Brian Keene. It’s a totally different kind of house, my friend.
Speaking of Brian Keene, I have the honor of interviewing him for Con-Tinual this month, as well as Linda Addison. I look forward to sitting down with my friends (virtually, of course) and talking about… well, I guess you’ll have to tune in to find out exactly WHAT we will chat about, won’t you? 🙂 Follow me on Twitter (@LMariewood1) and/or Facebook and you’ll get notified when it posts.
Ooh – I changed my website a little! I kinda like it. If you’ve ever met me or seen me on a panel, you know the opening image is 100% correct. Check it out and see what I mean! I also like the books page more. What do you think?
Lemme see… what else… Oh yeah! I will be speaking at the Ann Radcliffe Academic Conference that is part of StokerCon. If you are looking for some fun stuff to do in the beginning of May, come check it out.
- Had a screenplay get nominated for Best Horror at NOVA Film Festival… but not just any screenplay. This is the adaptation of my first novel we’re talking about! AND that novel – my first – a neat ghost story rooted in psychological horror so deeply that you won’t know which way is up – that very book, Crescendo, will be re-released by Cedar Grove Publishing in July 2021 with a brand-spanking new cover! WOOOOOTTTT!
- Have some other goodies coming your way soon – very, very soon. Specifically:
Working from home has its perks, being able to attend meetings in your pajamas chief among them. But when the house you occupy all day is empty – when the only voice you hear after work comes through television speakers, it can get a little old.
Unless you like it that way.
And Chris did like it that way
… until the whispering started.
Telecommuting is a modern psychological horror story set in what could be your town, your street, your house. The lyrical slow burn is subtle; the terror in this tale sneaks up on you before you know it. This novella comes out on May 4, 2021 but you can pre-order now!
- My award-winning novel (c’mon, indulge me!), The Promise Keeper, is being re-released on May 11, 2021. It too will have a fancy new cover. And I am gonna do a special cover reveal for it shortly! 🙂 Want to learn more about it while you wait with bated breath? (Ha! Dramatic much?) Check out the book on my website with the OLD cover!
There is other stuff coming out this year (I am so excited!!) but I will wait to talk about those. Except I do want to share this one little thing with you. Cacophony, The Realm, Book Two will be released in October 2021. If you haven’t caught up with what’s going on yet, you might want to get it because book 2 takes off like a rocket. In fact, I’m gonna leave this right here for you…
The Realm, Book One is here… waiting for you… 🙂
Ok, lemme see if there is anything else?
- I’m editing book 2 of a project that has not been released yet (book 1 comes out in Feb 2022).
- I’m editing a feature screenplay that I am in love with – a psychological thriller with amazing horror undertones. Loving this one!
- I wrote 5 short stories in 3 days – you know I keep them short – the longest is 2500 words. But wow! I smell a collection coming on…
- A mob came up my street, two rows deep, all hooded coats with fur fringe and hand weights. I stayed inside.
All right, that’s enough random stuff. Until next time!
L. Marie Wood